This recipe is go to for your BBQ grill. This is for those who want not only the beef but also some seafood. I love the idea that it is quick easy and delicious! Since the shrimp will cook faster, I recommend that you cut your meat in sizes that will cook within the same time as the shrimp. These kebobs can be prepared for a meal with veggies and/or potatoes but I make this as a go to appetizer when we are doing a BBQ with friends and family!
1 lb (minimum) beef tenderloin
1 lb jumbo shrimp (uncooked)
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
Spice mixture for Beef
½ tablespoon minced garlic
½ tablespoon minced onion
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients and set aside
- In a spice shaker, mix together all the spices for the beef and set aside
- Cut the beef tenderloin into equal sized pieces (about 2” square, larger if you want it more on the rare side) Sprinkle with spices and place in refrigerator for 1 ½ hours.
- Completely rinse and remove the shells from the shrimp. Place in a plastic bag and pour the marinade into bag with shrimp. Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 ½ hours
- Prepare your skewers by alternating the beef and shrimp. Should make about 6 skewers.
- Prepare a medium hot grill and place the skewers directly above the coals. Watch them closely, flipping them as need to avoid burning them.
- I brush some melted margarine throughout the grillin’s process
- The skewers are complete when the translucent look of the shrimp disappears
Yum Yum Yum – Enjoy!